In a keynote speech, Anne Klein-Hitpass (German Institute of Urban Affairs, difu) will address theses and suggestions from her many years of experience. The impulse lecture will address the following topics, among others:
- Why is parking management necessary?
- What are the advantages of introducing resident parking? What are the experiences with increasing resident parking fees?
- How do I create acceptance among residents?
- How do I create a good data basis?
- What are the synergy effects of parking concepts in cooperation with pedestrian and bicycle traffic concepts or climate protection plans?
- How can a reduction of free parking reduce CO2 pollution and increase the quality of life and stay in inner city areas?
The impulse lecture serves as a basis for Part II.